English Practice Test Common Errors - 2

PRACTICE TEST-#2
1. As our room was/ upstairs, so we didn't/ hear him./ No error
2. She is no longer / capable to do/ her job properly./ No error
3. People who suffer from/ backache often sleep/ on the ground./ No error
4. The legal system/ ensures the justice/ for everyone./ No error
5. My wife had left/ the hotel and I no more/ needed a double room./ No error
6. It gives me/ a great pleasure to/ introduce the guest speaker./ No error
7. It was only a short/ trip but we had/ really a good time./ No error
8. Although I was/ in a hurry, I stopped/talking to him./ No error
9. At first/ I was not understanding/ anything./ No error

10. The next time/ I saw her, she/ looked even worst./ No error

ANSWERS 
1. Drop SO
2. Use CAPABLE OF DOING
3. Replace GROUND with FLOOR
4. Drop THE before JUSTICE
5. Replace NO MORE with NO LONGER 
6. Drop A before GREAT PLEASURE 
7. Use REALLY before GOOD TIME 
8. Replace TALKING with TO TALK 
9. Replace WAS NOT UNDERSTANDING with DID NOT UNDERSTAND 
10. Replace WORST with WORSE

Comments